The Emergency Referral Food Program provides people in an emergency situation with about 3 to 5 days’ worth of food.
If you are in need of food: get a referral
To get a referral to receive food from our warehouse, please contact your social worker or have your social worker contact us. Your social worker may need to visit the “Make a Referral” page for instructions.
Food for Others will accept referrals from non-profit organizations with a 501c3 that aim to improve the chances of success of individuals & families. These organizations include other food providers, schools, and religious places of worship, such as mosques, churches, temples, synagogues and chapels.
We will accept referrals from Medical Professionals that aim to improve one’s health through nutrition.
Emergency Referral Guidelines
- A client can have a maximum of 8 referrals in a calendar year.
- A client may only have 1 referral per calendar week.
- One referral equals one visit. An additional allotment of food would require an additional referral.
- Once we receive the referral, the client has up to 2 weeks to come in and retrieve the food from our office at 2938 Prosperity Ave, Fairfax, VA 22031.
- The client is required to bring in a form of ID showing where they live. It can be a driver’s license or a piece of mail with their name and address on it. For example, a bill, letter from their child’s school, etc. A passport can be used as the picture ID.
- Referrals must come from an organizationally based email. We can not accept referrals from that come from yahoo, Gmail, etc.