If you’d like your child to receive power packs please contact their school. See participating schools below.
Groups and individuals can contribute by assembling and delivering weekend food packs for elementary school students.
Volunteer as a group activity or as an individual by purchasing food or assembling packs.
Food drives conducted by businesses, associations, faith-based organizations, schools, and other groups are critically important as we work to feed our neighborhood children in need.
For more information on how to host a P3 food drive and packing event, click the orange button to view our P3 Planning Kit.
We have occasional opportunities to stuff Power Packs as a group in the Food for Others warehouse. Email email@example.com to request a date.
Use a 2 gallon size Ziploc Bag. Include items that are shelf-stable, kid-friendly and single-serving sized. Please do not include applesauce cups with tinfoil lids.
Each pack must include: 2 breakfast items, 2 lunch items, 2 dinner items, 2 snacks and 2 drinks.
HELP US MAKE THESE PACKS AS NUTRITIOUS AS POSSIBLE.
- Oatmeal Packets
- Cereal (Individual Sizes)
- Granola Bars
- Nutri Grain Bars
- Chili Cups
- Mac & Cheese Cups (single-serving)
- Tuna/ Chicken Salad Kits with Crackers
- Chef Boyardee, Ravioli
- Fruit Cups (in juice NOT syrup)
- Cheese & Crackers
- Granola Bars
- Fruit Snacks, Dried Fruits
- 100% Fruit Juice
- Capri Sun Juice Boxes
- Shelf-stable Milk
Please DO NOT Include:
Peanut butter or items that include peanut butter, candy, Pop-tarts, Vienna sausages, glass containers, high sugar items, apple sauce cups with tinfoil lids or bottled water.
Power Pack Program (P3)
Food for Others Power Pack Program (P3) sends weekend backpack meals home with students who do not get enough food on the weekends without their school-provided meals. The students tend to be on the free and reduced meals program during the week and have limited access to food over the weekend.
The Power Pack Program provides weekend meals to more than 2,200 students at 34 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and one high school throughout Fairfax County each week during the school year. The weekend meal pack, which contains two items each for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus two snacks and two drinks, helps alleviate a child’s hunger and allows them to come to school on Monday morning fed, focused, and ready to learn.
- Annandale Terrace Elementary School
- Beech Tree Elementary School
- Belle View Elementary School
- Belvedere Elementary School
- Braddock Elementary School
- Bucknell Elementary School
- Camelot Elementary School
- Centre Ridge Elementary School
- Clearview Elementary School
- Fairhill Elementary School
- Fairfax Villa Elementary School
- Forestdale Elementary School
- Freedom Hill Elementary School
- Graham Road Elementary School
- Glasgow Middle School
- Herndon Elementary School
- Lake Anne Elementary School
- Louise Archer Elementary School
- Mason Crest Elementary School
- McNair Elementary School
- Mount Eagle Elementary School
- Mt. Vernon Woods Elementary School
- Parklawn Elementary School
- Riverside Elementary School
- Rose Hill Elementary School
- Shrevewood Elementary School
- Springfield Estates Elementary School
- Thoreau Middle School
- Timber Lane Elementary School
- Virginia Run Elementary School
- Westgate Elementary School
- Westlawn Elementary School
- Woodburn Elementary School
- Woodlawn Elementary School