The Emergency Referral Food Program provides your clients in an emergency situation with about 3 to 5 days’ worth of food.
Make a referral for one of your clients in need:
If you would like to apply to be a referring organization, please click here to fill out our online application. You can expect a response within 48 hours.
If your organization is already in our system, please go to your Return Client Dashboard (RCD) via the URL that was emailed to you from Info@FoodForOthers.org
- If you lost your RCD link, please email Dustin Lape at DLape@FoodForOthers.org to retrieve your organization-specific link.
Emergency Referral Guidelines
- A client can have a maximum of 8 referrals in a calendar year.
- A client may only have 1 referral per calendar week.
- One referral equals one visit. An additional allotment of food would require an additional referral.
- Once we receive the referral, the client has up to 2 weeks to come in and retrieve the food from our office at 2938 Prosperity Ave, Fairfax, VA 22031.
- The client is required to bring in a form of ID showing where they live. It can be a driver’s license or a piece of mail with their name and address on it. For example, a bill, letter from their child’s school, etc. A passport can be used as the picture ID.
- Referrals must come from an organizationally based email. We can not accept referrals from that come from yahoo, Gmail, etc.
- Please know the referral form must be in our system before the client comes in to pick up their food. The client cannot carry in the form unless it is a prescription from a doctor. Also, there is no “approval” needed; as soon as the referral is submitted, the client can come in.