Inclement Weather Policy
In case of inclement weather, Food for Others will follow the closing schedule of the Fairfax County Government. Under exceptional circumstances, Food for Others may also close early or close entirely at the discretion of our Executive Director. If you have any question about whether the office is open or not, please check the main page of our website or call us at (703) 207-9173 before you visit.
In the case of a delayed opening:
- No grocery store pickups will occur, and AM Shift volunteers, for the Warehouse/Office, will be canceled. The Director of Volunteer Services will inform scheduled volunteers.
- The Neighborhood Sites and Community Partners programs will still occur.
In the case of an early release:
- The Neighborhood Sites will not operate. Director of Operations will inform the site organizers.
- The Director of Operations will also inform the Community Partners.
- The Director of Volunteer Services will inform all PM Shift volunteers.