Welcome to Food for Others!
We’re glad you’re interested in volunteering at FFO! Volunteers can make a difference at any age, and we’re so grateful for our student volunteers. Students between 12- 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to volunteer. The minimum age for volunteering at our warehouse is 12.
To sign up for a volunteer shift or to see the opportunities available, please sign up for an account with volunteer matters! You can sign up using the button below.
Types of Volunteer Opportunities
- Warehouse Volunteer: Sign up for a shift volunteering at our warehouse. As a Warehouse Volunteer, you’ll assist with tasks such as sorting donations, bagging vegetables, and preparing food boxes.
- Food Distributor: Food distributors are the face of Food for Others. They directly interact with items and help them select the items they need.
- Power Pack: As a Power Pack volunteer, you will help assemble and/or distribute weekend meal packs for students in need. The Power Pack program also needs drivers to help deliver to schools.
- Gleaning: Between July to October, Food for Others offers gleaning opportunities at Hollins Farm. Gleaners are responsible for recovering fallen or dented produce from the farm.
- Food Drive: If you’re not sure you have the time to volunteer for a few hours, you can also consider running a food drive. Click the link here to learn more about giving food. Donating food can count for volunteer hours. We calculate 1 minute of volunteering for every lb of food donated.
Click here to get a more detailed description of our various volunteer opportunities.
General Volunteer Information:
- Shifts in our warehouse are between two to four hours and occur Monday-Friday between 9:15am and 5:00pm.
- Individuals MUST sign up in advance and be on our schedule to volunteer. No walk-ins permitted.
- All volunteers must wear closed toe shoes. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- All pre court and court-mandated service hours must be pre-approved and will be conducted in the warehouse ONLY.
- Weekend and special event opportunities are posted on the Food for Others website, Facebook and Twitter pages on an as-needed basis.
- Also, we’re often looking for help translating. If you speak another language, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, or Farsi, we would love help converting our informational materials. Please contact us if that sounds like an opportunity you’d be interested in!
How do I track my hours?
You can keep track of your hours via volunteer matters. If you need confirmation of your hours, please address confirmation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.