Do you need hours for court-related community service?
We’re so glad you’re interested in volunteering at Food for Others! We can help you get the hours you need. Volunteers looking to complete court-related community service must complete their hours as Warehouse Volunteers. Hours for court- related service must be pre-approved. For individuals with violent charges or those involving children, please visit Other Opportunities for a list of organizations that might better fit your needs.
To sign up for a volunteer shift, please sign up for an account with volunteer matters! There is a short waiting period in between when you create an account and when you can begin signing up for shifts. You can sign up using the button below.
What does a Warehouse Volunteer do?
- Assists our team of Warehouse Associates with cleaning and special projects
- Bags produce
- Prepares food boxes for distribution
- Shelving food
- Sorting donated food
General Volunteer Information:
- Shifts in our warehouse are between two to four hours and occur Monday-Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
- Individuals MUST sign up in advance and be on our schedule to volunteer. No walk-ins permitted.
- All volunteers must wear closed toe shoes. NO EXCEPTIONS!
How do I track my hours?
You can track your hours on Volunteer Matters. If you need confirmation of your hours, please send verification requests to email@example.com. If you need an hour sheet signed, please find a member of the Food for Others Volunteer Services team.
Please consult the map below if you’re unsure where to find space (any additional unmarked space is also available).