Sign up to volunteer as an individual!
We’re so glad you’re interested in volunteering at Food for Others! Volunteers are truly the backbone of FFO. Whether you’re hoping to volunteer a few hours or sign up for a regular shift, you make a tremendous impact!
To sign up for a volunteer shift or to see the opportunities available, please sign up for an account with Volunteer Matters! You can sign up using the button below.
Types of Volunteer Opportunities
- Warehouse Volunteer: Sign up for a shift volunteering at our warehouse. As a Warehouse Volunteer, you’ll assist with tasks such as sorting donations, bagging vegetables, and preparing food boxes.
- Food Distributor: Food distributors are the face of Food for Others. They directly interact with items and help them select the items they need.
- Power Pack: As a Power Pack volunteer, you will help assemble and/or distribute weekend meal packs for students in need. The Power Pack program also needs drivers to help deliver to schools.
- Neighborhood Sites: Neighborhood site volunteers pick up food from our Warehouse location and then distribute it at our neighborhood sites.
- Food Pick-Ups: You can help Food for Others recover food from local grocery stores. During the summer, there are often food pick up opportunities available at farmers markets as well.
General Volunteer Information:
- Shifts in our warehouse are between two to four hours and occur Monday-Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
- Individuals MUST sign up in advance and be on our schedule to volunteer. No walk-ins permitted.
- Minimum age to volunteer in the warehouse is 12 years old.
- Children ages 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All volunteers must wear closed toe shoes. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- All pre court and court-mandated service hours must be pre-approved and will be conducted in the warehouse ONLY.
- Weekend and special event opportunities are posted on the Food for Others website, Facebook and Twitter pages on an as-needed basis.
- Also, we’re often looking for help translating. If you speak another language, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, or Farsi, we would love help converting our informational materials. Please contact us if that sounds like an opportunity you’d be interested in!